Wearing costumes, or “Cosplay” as it’s known, is very popular and a staple in conventions worldwide.
The GeeCon Cosplay Competition is a costuming competition for anime, manga and gaming fans. It is an opportunity to see cosplayers show off their great costumes, craftsmanship and creativity.
If you are looking for something more casual, checkout our Door Prizes.
None, just a valid GeeCon pass. The competition is planned for Saturday afternoon.
- Best Male cosplay
- Best Female cosplay
- Best Junior cosplay (under 16)
The competition prizes will be announced closer to the event dates and will be mailed or delivered to all winners within one month after completion of the festival.
- Accuracy to character
- Knowledge of character (short stage interview)
The GeeCon Cosplay Competition is open to all Northern Territory residents. Desert Monkey Inc. Committee Members, Judges and their immediate family members may not compete.
- All participants must have a valid GeeCon pass to access the venue.
- Registered Cosplay entries have priority into the competition over on-the-day signups. Only a limited number may register on-the-day
- Each entry must submit the following prior to Friday 31st August 2018:
- One (1) high res reference photo of the character you are cosplaying as. Judges may not know every character from every universe.
- At least two (2) progress photos per costume at any stage of construction. These photos are only to let us know your costume exists.
- Entrance music/song is permitted. Participant is responsible for supplying the audio track and ensuring it is in a common audio format prior to the day.
- Entrants 12 – 17 years old on the day of the competition require parental consent
- Entrants under 12 must have a parent or guardian present at the competition
To be eligible for prizes, costumes:
- Must not have won prizes from any other cosplay competition held within Australia.
- May be any character or object featured in an anime, manga/comic, video game or tabletop game.
- Must be at least 50% crafted and entrant’s own work. Must not be professionally made or made by someone else. Friends and family can help.
- Modified store bought clothing and apparel are permitted.
- Must be suitable for a family audience and comply with our Dress Code & Cosplay Policy
- Must comply with our Weapon & Prop Policy
- A cosplayer’s gender will be determined by the character they are cosplaying as.
- Males dressed as female characters are considered Female.
- Females dressed as male characters are considered Male.
- Gender adaptations are that of the chosen gender (eg ‘Female Wolverine’ is female).
- If your costume is not eligible for prizes, you may still come on stage to show it off.
There were so many awesome cosplayers last year that weren’t eligible for the cosplay comp. We understand most of us don’t have the time to craft our costumes. So we want to show our appreciation for the “casual cosplayers” by awarding door prizes!
If you have any questions about the information on this page please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.