You can place your unwanted loot up for sale at GeeCon. If they sell, you get the cash after the festival minus 10% commission (minimum of $0.50) per item sold. As this will be on trial, there is a 20-item-per-person limit.
The Garage Sale will be operated by GeeCon staff and volunteers.
- The Garage Sale is open to everyone over the age of 18. If you are not at least 18 on the first day of the event, you must have a parent/guardian register on your behalf.
- The GeeCon General Sales Policy applies.
- Drop-off Time: All items must be dropped off by appointment only.
- Commission: GeeCon will take a commission of $0.50 or 10%, whichever is higher, per item sold. No commission is due if your item/s do not sell.
- No Haggling: Items are sold at the price you set. Prices will not be negotiated on your behalf.
- No Reservations: Items are sold on first-come-first-serve, no reservations.
- All Sales are final.
- GeeCon reserves the right to reject any item for any reason.
What can you Sell?
In the ‘trial phase’ we are only accepting the following items:
- Books, manga, comics, magazines
- Plushies, dolls, figurines, toys, collectibles
Items not listed in the ‘Accepted Items’ above, including but not limited to:
- Illegal or illegitimate items. See GeeCon General Sales Policy
- Electrical/electronic devices
- Computers/video game consoles and their components, peripherals, mods.
- CDs/Blu-rays/DVDs/game disks/software
- Items not related to the event. E.g. Fridge, car parts etc.
- Items that are large, heavy or otherwise deemed unsafe for the event
Items must be provided in a reasonable and presentable condition.
- Items should still do everything it’s normally supposed to do and not be broken, missing pages etc. Usual wear-and-tear is ok.
- Where applicable, items must be washed/cleaned and not sticky/slimy to touch.
How do I sell at the Garage Sale?
Step 1: Register
Complete the online registration form. Once your registration has been processed you will receive a confirmation email and be asked to arrange a drop-off appointment time.
Step 2: Check-in
Please place all your items in a single box (if possible) with your name and address, before dropping off your items.
Go to the front desk of the Convention Centre at your drop-off appointment time. We will go through the items you want to sell to confirm it’s all there. Each item must be listed in your inventory form and each item must also have a set price.
Once your items are confirmed, we will handle the rest from there.
Step 3: Check-out
Step 3 is being updated
On the Sunday of GeeCon, we will process your sold and unsold items and; contact you once they are “Ready for pickup”.
- If your items are “Ready for pickup” but you don’t pick them by 9pm on the Sunday of GeeCon, these items will be considered a donation to GeeCon.
- In the event GeeCon is unable to complete your processing by 6pm on the Sunday of GeeCon, we will make arrangements to deliver your funds and unsold items.
If you have any questions about the information on this page please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.