To help ensure our attendees’ happiness and a successful festival, GeeCon has established a code of conduct and behavior policies for all attendees. We believe GeeCon should be a fun event for everyone, regardless of gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion or other demographic.
If you feel unsafe or if you have been harassed, please find a member of GeeCon staff immediately. We can not address problems if we are unaware of them.
Harassment includes but is not limited to:
- Offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, or other characteristic or demographic.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Following or stalking.
- Inappropriate or non-consensual photography or recording
- Inappropriate or unwelcome physical contact (this includes “glomping”).
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Other actions as determined by GeeCon on a case-by-case basis.
Attendees spoken to in regards to their behaviour may, depending on the severity of the incident:
- Be given a warning to cease their behaviour,
- Be immediately removed from the venue,
- Have their pass revoked without the right to refund.
If you feel that you have been harassed in violation of the law, we can assist you in contacting local police on your request. The safety and security of all attendees and guests are our top priorities.
All decisions regarding whether a particular action is to be deemed harassment shall be made solely by Desert Monkey Inc. and its authorised agents. Individuals asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately regardless of whether it is an attendee or festival staff making the request.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a staff member immediately. If making a report, please be aware that GeeCon will have several attendees and festival staff may need assistance identifying the offender. Please providing a clear physical description (approximate height, weight, clothing or cosplay, etc.).