Selling, advertising or solicitation of any type of goods or services on the festival premises without prior permission and arrangements with festival staff is strictly prohibited.
Violations may result in immediate ejection from GeeCon by staff/security and possible expulsion from GeeCon and future Desert Monkey Inc. events. This rule applies to all guests, exhibitors and attendees and; includes, but is not limited to, hanging posters, handing out flyers or ‘free-hug’ signs.
The following areas are designated as sales areas for the following people:
Attendees may place items up for sale at the Garage Sale Area or Auction
- Exhibitors with exhibitor booths are permitted to sell in the Exhibitor Area only,
- Artists with artist booths are permitted to sell in the Artist Alley only,
- Festival-approved events with permission to sell goods may sell them in their designated area only.
General Sales Policy
- Sales & Flyers: Sales and the distribution of flyers or other promotional materials is confined to the boundaries of Exhibitor’s space.
- Mature Content: No pornography or items that would be classified as illegal under any state or territory law within Australia. All other mature content must be kept out of view and not accessible to minors and carry appropriate classification.
- Bootleg, grey-market, contraband, illegitimate, pirated or illegal merchandise are strictly prohibited.
- Trade Lottery: No sales by auction, lottery, raffle, guessing competition and any game of chance or with elements of chance without prior written approval. Standard conditions apply to conducting trade lotteries. See Trade Lottery – Licensing NT
- Weapons: Restrictions apply to the sale and display of weapons (real, replicas and props).
- Consumables: No food, drink or anything consumable for sale or giveaway without prior approval.
- Stickers: The sale or giveaway of stickers is prohibited.
Artist Alley Sales Policy
- Copyright: It is the responsibility of the artist to ensure their artwork does not violate any copyright laws. This includes, but not limited to, tracing, vectorising, copying, or otherwise alter and/or reproduce artwork that is not your own, whether as a part or the whole of a work.
- Proxy Selling: Selling artwork of a person who is not present and registered for Artist Alley is prohibited without prior approval. Collaborative works is an exception to this rule.
- Mass Produced items are prohibited. Artist Alley is an avenue for amateur and young professional artists to promote and sell their original artworks; it is not a cheap alternative to an Exhibitor Booth.
- Clothing: Clothing such as hats and T-shirts are permitted as a small portion of your overall merchandise. However, for large quantities you will be asked to upgrade to an Exhibitor booth.
- Weapons: Real, fake or prop weapons are prohibited in the Artist Alley even if you crafted it.
- Body Art Services: Artwork on a person’s body is prohibited without prior approval.
- Animal Parts: No item or object containing organic material from real animals (e.g. actual rabbit’s foot).