Speed Dating will not be featured at GeeCon in 2019. The GeeCon team feels this should be run as a separate event and is looking into speed dating for next year.
Speed Dating offers the opportunity for you to meet other individuals in a safe, comfortable and relaxed environment. In each session you will be introduced to a number of other individuals through the speed dating process.
How it works
- Register for Speed Dating.
- We can’t accept everyone due to limited space.
- We may allow some on-the-day signups.
- Respond to your email to confirm acceptance.
- Attend your Speed Dating session time.
- We provide you a Session Form to keep track of your dates.
- We rotate you between 6 – 10 dates every 5 – 7 minutes.
- At the end, we collect your Forms and will email/text you your results (if any).
- You must be 18 years or older by the day/s of GeeCon.
- Age brackets: 18 – 23 | 24 – 34 | 35 – 44 | 45+
- Mutual Matches: When two participants indicate on their Forms they wish to meet, GeeCon staff shall provide these participants with each other’s contact details.
- Disqualification: If 3 or more participants indicate on their Form you are ‘rude’, you will be disqualified from receiving the contact details of your mutual matches (if any). See Rules
These rules exists so everyone can enjoy Speed Dating. Failing to adhere to these rules may result in participants indicating you are ‘rude’ on their Session Form (see Disqualification above) and/or in worst cases be removed from the session.
- Only talk to your current date. Do not talk to the dates to your sides as this is considered rude.
- Be polite and respectful to all participants.
- Making sexual advances is not permitted.
- Asking other participants for their contact information is not permitted.
- Use of any photographic, video or audio recording devices are strictly prohibited.
- Abrasive, offensive or profane language will not be tolerated.
If you have any questions about the information on this page please contact us on email@example.com.