We need many volunteers to ensure GeeCon runs smoothly and attendees have a great time. In return for your hard work we offer a range of benefits. The following information will give you an idea of what to expect.
- Desire to contribute to, and be part of the festival
- Be at least 18 years of age by 1st July 2017
- Provide photo identification with visible birth date.
- Attend at least (1) information/training session in August/September (TBA).
- Priority will be given to volunteers who are interested in working additional hours to the designated or have any special skills/experience useful for the festival.
General Volunteers assist with a variety of smaller tasks during GeeCon and may be assigned to more than one area. General Volunteers are expected to work 4 or 8 hours typically in 2 – 4 hour shifts.
Specialised Volunteers are more involved in the planning stages before GeeCon, as well as on-the-day operations. Specialised Volunteers are expected to work 10 hours during the festival and meet at least once per month leading up to GeeCon.
Do I have to buy a ticket even if I’m a volunteer?
No. However, if you intend on attending GeeCon either way, we recommend you buy a ticket in case you are not selected to volunteer. We will reimburse you based on the hours you work.
Do I get any breaks on my shifts?
General volunteers who do 4 hour shifts will be schedule again on the next day. Those assigned multiple 2-3 hour shifts will be scheduled hours apart.